Rabbinical Student Fellowship
More Information and Eligibility SUMMER 2013
What we are looking for:
The program is open to students from all rabbinical schools, and other individuals interested in leading the Jewish community in social justice. The fellow:
- Is a creative, energetic, well-organized self starter
- Is able to multi-task effectively
- Is a good mentor and is experienced working with teens
- Is innovative, flexible, adaptable, and able to foster and handle change
- Demonstrates good public-speaking skills
- Commitment to social and economic justice, government accountability, human rights, and empowerment of low-income and minority communities
- Experience in developing and facilitating workshops and training
- Ability and experience to teach social justice from a Jewish perspective.
- Has excellent interpersonal skills
- Thrives from collaborating and working as a part of a team
- Open to a diversity of Jewish beliefs and practice
- Sense of humor
- MUST have driving license, and the ability to drive a 12 passenger van.
- S/he must understand and be able to convey that systematic social justice change is not a “quick fix,” is long-term and can be challenging. Furthermore, s/he will have to work to gain the trust of the teens, as well as community partners, in order to create meaningful partnerships. This too is a process that requires an investment of time, energy and a positive approach.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- To guide participants in their Jewish journey through Or Tzedek
- To create Jewish spaces for education, discussion, exploration, and expression
- To organize and manage a consistent Jewish experience for participants throughout each Or Tzedek session
- To organize and facilitate specific programs throughout Or Tzedek sessions, including Shabbat services, D’var Torah discussions, and text study workshops
Stipend: $4000. Housing is not included, but we can assist the fellow in finding housing.
For more information, or to apply contact Rebecca Katz at email@example.com or Tel: 312.663.0960.